Want to Sing Someone's Praises?
Nominate a Staff Colleague for an Infinite Mile Award!
The next nomination period will start in March 2023
The MIT-SHASS Infinite Mile Awards honor those who have gone "the extra mile" in their contributions to the School! There are no restrictions on who may nominate a member of our staff for an Infinite Mile Award.
to our 2022 Infinite Mile award winners.
View the 2021 Virtual Celebration
Our staff are supportive, hardworking, and have a broad representation of skill-sets and roles that help our School run smoothly. Thus, beginning last year, you no longer need to try and fit a great colleague into a particular category. Instead, you can simply nominate and celebrate colleagues who have gone "above and beyond" in their roles and work.
• March-April: Nominations are open
• April: Selection Committee (composed of past award winners) meets
to discuss nominations and determine award recipients
• May: Recipients notified
• July: A virtual celebration of our winners.
How to Nominate
1. Plan your nomination
Nominations for 2022 are now closed! Nominations for 2023 will open in March 2023. Nominations can be made by individuals or teams. If you prefer to not use the form, email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and academic unit, the nominee's name and academic unit, and your letter of nomination. Submit your nominations by April 1, 2023.
Eligible candidates should:
• Represent the best of MIT-SHASS employees
• Consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance
• Not be under any disciplinary action during the award period
• Not have won an Infinite Mile Award in the past five years
• Be in their current position for at least one year
Tips on Writing a High-Quality Nomination
• Give concrete examples of how the nominee goes above & beyond normal responsibilities
• Cite specific examples/anecdotes of what the nominee accomplished
• Focus on examples from the past year
• Provide context for the nominee's role
• Consider multiple nomination letters or quotes from various colleagues
(to give a fuller picture of how a nominee interacts with those in their DLC/community)
2. Submit your nomination
Submit your nomination online via this simple online form.