Want to Sing Someone's Praises?
Nominate a Staff Colleague for a 2021 Infinite Mile Award!
Deadline is Friday, April 2, 2021
The MIT-SHASS Infinite Mile Awards honor those who have gone "the extra mile" in their contributions to the School! There are no restrictions on who may nominate a member of our staff for an Infinite Mile Award.
Our staff are supportive, hardworking, and have a broad representation of skill-sets and roles that help our School run smoothly. Thus, starting in 2021, you no longer need to try and fit a great colleague into a particular category. Instead, you can simply nominate and celebrate colleagues who have gone "above and beyond" in their roles and work.
• March-April: Nominations are open
• April: Selection Committee (composed of past award winners) meets
to discuss nominations and determine award recipients
• May: Recipients notified
• May-June: Virtual celebration (more to come!)
Three Easy Steps
1. Plan your nomination
Nomination is open March 8-April 2, 2021. Nominations can be made by individuals or teams. If you prefer to not use the form, email your nomination to email@example.com with your name and academic unit, the nominee's name and academic unit, and your letter of nomination.
Eligible candidates should:
• Represent the best of MIT-SHASS employees
• Consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance
• Not be under any disciplinary action during the award period
• Not have won an Infinite Mile Award in the past five years
• Be in their current position for at least one year
2. Submit your nomination
Submit your nomination online via this simple online form.
3. Watch the Virtual Awards Celebration
Stay tuned for more information about this event to celebrate the Infinite Mile Award recipients of both 2020 and 2021.
Warmest congratulations to our 2020 recipients.
For previous years awardees, click the annual listings on the nav bar at left.