Want to Sing Someone's Praises?
Nominate a Staff Colleague for an Infinite Mile Award!
The MIT-SHASS Infinite Mile Awards honor those who have gone "the extra mile" in their contributions to the School! There are no restrictions on who may nominate a member of our staff for an Infinite Mile Award.
to our 2023 Infinite Mile award winners.
View the 2021 Virtual Celebration
Our staff are supportive, hardworking, and have a broad representation of skill-sets and roles that help our School run smoothly. Thus, beginning last year, you no longer need to try and fit a great colleague into a particular category. Instead, you can simply nominate and celebrate colleagues who have gone "above and beyond" in their roles and work.
• March-April: Nominations are open
• April: Selection Committee (composed of past award winners) meets
to discuss nominations and determine award recipients
• May: Recipients notified
How to Nominate
1. Plan your nomination
Nominations can be made by individuals or teams. If you prefer to not use the form, email your nomination to email@example.com with your name and academic unit, the nominee's name and academic unit, and your letter of nomination.
Eligible candidates should:
• Represent the best of MIT-SHASS employees
• Consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance
• Not be under any disciplinary action during the award period
• Not have won an Infinite Mile Award in the past five years
• Be in their current position for at least one year
Tips on Writing a High-Quality Nomination
• Give concrete examples of how the nominee goes above & beyond normal responsibilities
• Cite specific examples/anecdotes of what the nominee accomplished
• Focus on examples from the past year
• Provide context for the nominee's role
• Consider multiple nomination letters or quotes from various colleagues
(to give a fuller picture of how a nominee interacts with those in their DLC/community)
2. Submit your nomination
Submit your nomination online via this simple online form.