The School's Recognition Program recognizes individuals (and teams, when appropriate) for exceptional contributions to the organizations within the School, as well as exceptional contributions which benefit the entire School and the Institute. Award recipients represent the best of the School's employees, and should consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance.
There are 2 components to our Recognition Program: The Infinite Mile Awards (annual) & Appreciation (any time). Appreciation will launch in summer 2021.
This Recognition is specific to MIT-SHASS and is separate from MIT’s Excellence Award & Collier Award.
The Infinite Mile Awards honor those who have gone "the extra mile" in their contributions to SHASS. Award recipients are expected to represent the best of MIT-SHASS employees and should consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance. There are no restrictions on who may nominate an MIT-SHASS employee for an Infinite Mile Award.
Our staff in MIT-SHASS are supportive, hardworking, and have a broad representation of skill-sets and roles that help our School run smoothly. Thus, starting in 2021, there are no categories for these awards. instead, you can simply nominate and celebrate colleagues who have gone "above and beyond" in their roles and work.
• March-April: Nominations are open
• April: Selection Committee (composed of past award winners) meets
to discuss nominations and determine award recipients
• May: Recipients notified
• End of May: Virtual celebration (more to come!)
Eligibile candidates should:
• Represent the best of MIT-SHASS employees
• Consistently exhibit excellent and outstanding work performance
• Not be under any disciplinary action during the award period
• Not have won an Infinite Mile Award in the past five years
• Be in their current position for at least one year
The nomination form will be open from March 8, 2021- April 2, 2021. Nominations can be either from individuals or teams. If you prefer to not use the form, please email your nomination to email@example.com with your name and department, the nominees name and department, and your letter of nomination.